In internet we have a very good facility of sending and receiving mail. To avail this service, we have to change some of the setting in our Computer as well as in the E-mail. Here we learn to create a Gmail account in the Microsoft Outlook 2007. You don’t need to always login first to check the Email.
Steps to set up a New E-mail Account
1. Go to All Programs menu and then click on the Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. Click on the option tools, a drop-down menu will open. In this menu click on the Account Settings. A dialog box named Account settings will open.
3. To create a new E-mail click on the “New” button in the dialog box. A dialog box named Add New E-mail Account opens. Check the Boxes Manually Configure Server settings or Additional Server types.
4. Click on the Next. In the Choose E-mail service Dialog box click on the Internet E-mail Radio button. And then click on the Next.
5. In the Dialog Box:
Type the name in the box “Your Name”,
Type the Gmail Address in the box E-mail Address,
in Account Type fill POP3,
Type pop.gmail.com in Incoming Mail Server
and type smtp.gmail.com in Outgoing Mail Server.
Type the Username and Password, then click on the button More Settings.
6. After clicking on the button More Settings a dialog box named Internet Email Settings opens. Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
7. In Outgoing server tab Click on the My Outgoing checkbox. Now in the Advanced Tab type 995 in Incoming Server (POP3) and 465 in Outgoing Server (POP3). Then click on the This Server and then click OK.
8. After clicking OK you again reached the E-mail setting dialog box. Then click Next.
9. Then you will receive the information that your account has been created successfully. Then click on the finish button. When you click the finish button you will again reach to the dialog box of E-mail account. There the name of your newly created account will be shown there.
To get out of this Dialog Box, click on the Close button.